I’ve just released
asq 1.0 – a LINQ-inspired API for performing queries over Python objects. The project had been on the unpublished one-day-I’ll-finish-this back burner for a couple of years now, but recently I found myself wanting it in the course of developing another project. I decided to go public with the incomplete version I had back in January 2011, calling what I had asq 0.5 and hoping that the harsh glare of publicity would force me to make progress. I got 18 downloads without any promotional effort and that spurred me on towards a 0.9 release two months later which was feature complete and pretty stable.
Over the course of the next three months,
asq 0.9 clocked up over 200 downloads.
I decided at this point that I’d hold back on any actual marketing as such until I could produce a solid 1.0 including comprehensive documentation. Well,
asq 1.0 isn’t even 24 hours old yet and it’s already made 174 downloads.